The Arizona Counselors Association is Arizona’s state branch of the American Counseling Association. AzCA works in conjunction with ACA to bring its members up to date information on the counseling profession. The Arizona Counselors Association is dedicated to promoting the development of the individual professional counselor, advancing the counseling profession, and using the profession and practice of counseling to improve the quality of life for Arizona’s citizens. AzCA Members is separate from the ACA membership.
The membership year runs from January 1 to December 31. For new members, those who join after the half way point through the current membership year may take 50% off their membership dues payment for the following membership year.
Membership Categories & Annual Dues
Professional Member: $55 (1 year)
Carries all privileges) This membership is for individuals who hold a Masters degree or higher in counseling or a closely related field and who also hold Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (AzBBHE) Licensure and/or Counselor Certification by the National Board for Counselor Certification (NBCC).
Regular Member: $55 (1 year)
This membership is for individuals who possess a Masters degree in counseling or a closely related field.
Student Member: $30 (1 year)
(Carries all privileges) This membership is for individuals who are enrolled in a graduate program in counseling or closely related field.Limited to three years, 1/2 time students, and faculty verification.
(NEW!) Advanced Degree Student Group Member: $750 (1 year)
The student group membership will allow universities to activate a student membership for all of the graduate counseling program students. The membership year for those under a student group membership would run with the university academic year, and each year the university would simply need to share with AzCA a roster of those enrolled in their advanced degree counseling program. AS A BONUS, all related faculty will be offered complimentary professional membership as well as long as the group membership remains current.
TO JOIN AS A STUDENT GROUP - CLICK HERE
(NEW) Agency Member: $995 (1 year)
Sign all of your agency counselors up for one low price! All your employees get the same great benefits as the professional membership but at the discounted price. PLUS your agency gets recognized on the AzCA website as an Agency Member AND free jobs postings on www.CounselorJobs.org all year long!
TO JOIN AS AN AGENCY MEMBER - CLICK HERE
Retired Member: $30 (1 year)
(Carries all privileges of prior status) This membership is for individuals who previously held Professional or Regular membership and are no longer actively employed in providing counseling services.
AzCA Membership Services
- A voice in State Legislation. AzCA’s government relations committee keeps all members informed of the latest changes in licensure and other legislative issues affecting professional counselors.
- An active role in licensure. Members of AzCA have assumed a leadership role in counselor licensure in Arizona and remain active in its implementation through regular involvement in the state regulatory process.
- An opportunity to Network. Attending workshops, conferences and trainings allow you to keep in touch with others in your field through both professional and social settings. AzCA events earn NCC/CEU credits needed to maintain licensure and keep abreast of pertinent issues in the counseling field. The AzCA e-mail list-serve provides members with a way to communicate with other professionals regarding.
- Continuing Education.
- Annual Conference (Member Discounted Registration)
- Southern Chapter Conference (Member Discounted Registration)
- Clinical Supervision Training (Member Discounted Registration)
- Webinars (FREE with Membership)
- AzCA Hire a Counselor website. NEW: Free to AzCA Members. This brand new website provides other members, the public, colleagues, and related non-profits to find you! Let AzCA help you with your marketing efforts at no additional cost.
- Savings through member discounts. AzCA members receive discounted fees at all AzCA conferences, workshops, and other AzCA sponsored events.
“Contributions or gifts to the Arizona Counselors Association are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. Dues payments are deductible by members as an ordinary and necessary expense.” See §10701 of the Revenue Act of 1987.